The three professional bodies authorized to assess Accountants for migration purposes are:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- The Institute of Public Accounts
- CPA Australia
- Accountants migrating to Australia are required to complete a skills assessment before lodging a visa application.
- must have a qualification that is deemed equivalent to at least an Australian Bachelor’s Degree. Membership of a recognized professional accounting body outside of Australia is deemed to be equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s Degree.
- To meet the educational requirements for your nominated occupation, your qualification will need to cover the following mandatory competency areas:
- Accounting Systems and Processes
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Audit and Assurance (Optional for ANZSCO 22113 and 221213)
- Business Law
- Taxation Law (Optional for ANZSCO 221111, 221112, 132211 and 221213)
- Quantitative Methods
- Applicants will also be required to have evidence of suitable English language competencies. The English language proficiency is mandatory for ALL applicants – there are no exemptions. CPA recognizes the following English tests:
- IELTS Academic
- PTE Academic
- TOEFL iBT
CPA Australia can assess your qualifications and skills for the following occupations:
- accountant (general) (ANZSCO code 221111)
- corporate treasurer (ANZSCO code 221212)
- external auditor (ANZSCO code 221213)
- finance manager (ANZSCO code 132211)
- management accountant (ANZSCO code 221112)
- taxation accountant (ANZSCO code 221113)
Occupations that are assessed are:
Accountant (general) – 221111: May apply for the 189, 190, State sponsored or relative sponsored 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186 and RSMS 187 visa.
External Auditor – 221213:May apply for the 189, 190, State sponsored or relative sponsored 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186 and RSMS 187 visa
Finance Manager – 132211: May apply for the 190, State sponsored 489, short term 482 or RSMS 187 visa.
Management Accountant – 221112: May apply for the 189, 190, State sponsored or relative sponsored 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186 and RSMS 187 visa.
Taxation Accountant – 221113: May apply for the 189, 190, State sponsored or relative sponsored 489, 485 Graduate work stream, long term 482, ENS 186 and RSMS 187 visa.
The materials that you will need to supply in your application for a skills assessment by CPA Australia are:
- Passport (photo page) or national ID card
- Proof of name change (if applicable)
- Official academic awards
- Official academic transcripts, including transcripts from prior studies if you have received exemptions for your degree
- Detailed syllabus for all qualifications not accredited by CPA Australia
- Professional body qualification (if applicable)
- Exam results
- Membership certificate
- Evidence of English language proficiency
- Third party authorization (if a third party such as a migration agent is acting on your behalf).
Make sure any credit card details or tax file numbers have been removed or blacked out (redacted) from your supporting documents.
Document scans must be high quality (300dpi or higher) and in colour, strictly.
|Reside in Australia||AUD $520|
|Outside Australia||AUD $473|
|Amendments in Application (In Australia)||AUD $160|
|Amendments in Application (Outside Australia)||AUD $145|
CPA Australia has a relatively quick turnaround time of about 10 business days.
It depends on the volume of applications being received as well.
- To be assessed for skilled employment, you must provide a testimonial from your employer that:
- Is written on the official letterhead of the employing business. The letterhead should indicate clearly the full address of the business and any telephone, email and website addresses
- Includes the name and position of the person authorised to sign the employment reference or testimonial and should include the authorised person’s signature. References from colleagues of the applicant at the same level or below will not be considered
- Includes the work contact number and work email address of the person writing the reference. Personal phone numbers or addresses will not be accepted
The testimonial must include:
- Specific start and end dates of your employment history. Multiple roles within the same organization must be listed separately
- Your required working hours per week
- The duties or responsibilities undertaken in each position
- Positions held
- Whether your roles were permanent or temporary
- Whether your roles were full-time or part-time
- The salary earned.
If you are unable to obtain an employment reference on a business letterhead, a statutory declaration may be used.
You will also need to include third party documentation such as taxation certificates, employment contracts, pay slips, as well as any other relevant information that verifies employment
****Help us help you! Let us guide you about what exactly is required and prepare the occupations for assessment. Please call our number mentioned on the website.