The Adoption visa (subclass 102) allows those children to live in Australia who are either adopted or going to be adopted by an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Usually, the adoptive parent applies on the child’s behalf and is responsible to take the sponsorship.
An adoptive parent can only apply for the child adoption visa in Australia if the child is:
- below 18 years of age
- living outside Australia
- either adopted or in the process of being adopted by the sponsor
- meets the basic health and character requirements
- has evidence for assurance of support
For adoptive parents the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- should be 18 years old or more
- should be the child’s adoptive or prospective adoptive parent
- should be either an Australian citizen, holder of a permanent resident visa, or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- should have adopted or followed the process of adopting a child with the involvement of an Australian state or territory adoption
- should have adopted the child under the laws of the home country (except Australia) and been living outside of Australia for the last 12 months when you apply for this visa
The cost of the adoption visa in Australia is AUD 2,665.
There are the following steps that need to be taken into consideration for child adoption visa in Australia–
- Step 1- Before you apply check whether the child’s passport is valid.
- Step 2- Gather all the necessary documents to support the visa application.
- Step 3- Apply for the visa on paper.
- Step 4- After you apply, the Australian Government will let the applicant know when they have received the application and documents.
- Step 5- During the visa outcome, the child must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
- If the visa is granted, it would include the following details:
- the visa grant number
- the date the visa starts
- the visa conditions
- the date by which the child must have entered Australia
BENEFITS OF THE ADOPTION VISA-
An adoption visa allows the child to:
- Live, study and work in Australia for an indefinite period
- Get health coverage through Medicare (Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses)
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Leave and revisit Australia for five years from the date visa is granted
HOW CAN WE HELP-
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants offer much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
- We do everything to present you and your child appear as a reliable candidate so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for the same.