This visa (Permanent) allows an aged parent of an Australian settled citizen, Permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand (eligible) citizen to permanently reside in Australia.
This visa permits you: –
- To stay in Australia as a permanent resident.
- To apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible).
- To sponsor eligible member of your family to lodge in Australia.
- To enroll in a study course or to do a job in Australia.
- To register in public healthcare scheme in Australia.
- To travel to and from Australia for 5 years (as many times as you wish to) from the date of grant.
Duration of Stay: –
- As it is a permanent visa, you can stay for an indefinite time.
- Your permanent residence starts on the day of the grant of the visa, for citizenship.
- Family members can also be included in your application, for this all of their details are required to include in your application form.
- Details of your partner (if you have) are required to be filled in the application form, whether or not they are applying for the visa with you.
- Family members coming to Australia must meet health and character requirements.
- Family members who are not coming to Australia might also need to fulfill health and character requirements.
- Cost of this visa is from AUD 6415, along with extra charges for each member of the family who is applying with you.
- You will need to pay in 2 installments.
- Cost of this visa changes with time. It depends on the date of receiving of application. In case of alteration in price, increase between lodge of application, you will need to pay the new application charges.
- You might need to pay costs for each applicant’s check up, policy certificates and biometrics.
Stay during Applying: –
While applying for this visa and during the time of decision on your application, you need to be onshore but not in immigration clearance.
Time for Processing: –
- Processing time is not provided for this visa.
- Applications are subject to capping and queuing (that means a limited number of visas will be granted each migration program year) once it reaches this limit, there will be no more granting of visa that year.
- Processing time can be long if
- Application is not fill in correctly.
- In case application does not have all the required documents, or it requires more information.
- Verification of your information takes time.
- You need to pay the correct visa application charges to let us process your visa.
- As the demand of family migration visas is quite high, it might take long years to grant this visa
Evaluation of application is done in 2 steps.
First step is to check the eligibility to add the application and line or to refuse it.
Second step involves the continue testing of the application when the place becomes available and making a decision on it.
Might want to consider another visa: –
Some visas have faster processing times.
- The Contributory Aged Parent visa (Subclass 864) is faster and a Permanent visa. It has faster processing, but cost is more.
- The Contributory Aged Parent visa (Temporary)(Subclass 884).
This visa process is 2 steps and is faster, but it costs more than the Subclass 804 visa and Contributory Aged Parent visa (Temporary) (Subclass 864) visa.
Obligations: – It is necessary that you and your family abide by all laws of Australian Government.
Visa Label: – Your visa will be digitally linked to your passport so you won’t get label in your passport.
- Age Limit:- To receive the age pension in Australia, you must be old enough.
Age Pension: –
- To provide support in the form of income, to older Australians in need.
- To receive age pension, one must meet age and requirements of stay, subject to a means test.
The pension age will be slowly enhanced from 65 to 67 years:-
|Period between which a person was born||Pension age||Date pension age changes|
|From 1st July 1952 to 31st December 1953||65 years and 6 months||1st July 2017|
|From 1st Jan 1954 to 30th June 1955||66 years||1st July 2019|
|From 1st July 1955 to 31st December 1956||66 years and 6 months||1st July 2021|
|From 1st Jan 1957 onwards||67 years||1st July 2023|
Requirements of Residence:-
You need to be a resident of Australia (living permanently) and be onshore at the day the claim is lodged and must satisfy at least one of the following.
- Be a resident of Australia for a minimum 10 years, with a minimum of 5 of these years in one period; or
- Have a qualifying residence exemption or
- Be a woman who is widowed in Australia when both she and her partner (late) were residents of Australia; and who has 104 weeks of residence immediately before the claim.
- Be receiving widow B pension, widow allowance or partner allowance immediately before reaching pension age.
Sponsor: – You need to be sponsored by an eligible sponsor (child above 18 years of age). If your child is under 18, an eligible relative or community organization can also sponsor you.
Role of the Sponsor: – Being a Sponsor, you must help your family members to help stay or settle in Australia. You need to provide them with financial and moral support along with sufficient space to live (for the first two years).
Health and Character Requirement:– You must meet health and character requirements of Australian Government.
Balance-of-family test: – You are eligible if
- You have at least half of your children and step-children are eligible children of Australia.
- More eligible children living in Australia.
Assurance of Support: –
- You need to own an AoS. An Assurance of Support assures Australian government that you will not have to depend on help of Australian government after entering Australia on this visa.
- This assurance is for other migrating family members too.
Clear Outstanding debts: – debts to Australian government if any have to be made clear.
Not be eligible: –
- In case of Previous Cancelled Visa.
- Visa is not granted if it is not in the friendly interest of an applicant under 18 years of age.
Steps Involved: –
Step 1. Before Applying: – check.
- If you are eligible.
- If you have a Parent Sponsor(approved)
- In case you do not have a Parent sponsor (approved) you can not apply or be granted this visa.
Step 2.Gather all Evidences: –
- You need to provide all necessary documents including those of dependents or partner who might be apply with you, for the further proceedings.
- Arrange documents of your sponsor, too.
Step3. Visa Application: –
- This visa needs to be applied on paper.
- Also you must be onshore, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply this visa.
Step 4. After Applying: –
- You need to send more information
- Send left over documents (if any) with your application to the parent visa centre in Perth.
Step5. Outcome of Visa: –
You need to be onshore (except in immigration clearance) at the time of decision on your application.
- During granting of your visa, we will inform you about your visa grant number, the date of start of your visa and its conditions.
- In case of refusal of our visa, we will let you know the reason of refusal and if you have a right to a review of the decision.
- Application fee is non- refundable.
On obtaining the visa (In Australia): –
- Abide by all Australian laws.
- Check your visa expiry and its conditions.
- This being a permanent visa lets you stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Being newly arrived resident, you might have to wait to avail Australian Government payments and benefits.
You can travel to and from Australia as many times as you want for 5 years from grant of this visa. In case you want to travel after the initial 5 year’s travel facility.
- You will have to apply for and be granted a Resident-Return (RRV) to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
- If you become an Australian citizen then you don’t require visa to enter Australia and can use it to travel and from Australia.
Before Leaving Australia: –
- Ensure you have a valid passport or other travel documents to leave Australia.
- Check your visa validity.
Conditions for Subclass 804 (Aged Parent visa)
There are no conditions attached to Subclass 804 (Aged Parent visa)
How can we assist you?
- We at BANSAL Immigration consultants offer the much needed help so as to convince the Australian Immigration authorities about your actual intention to stay and work in Australia.
- We do everything possible to present you as a true candidate and that you will adhere to all rules and commitments during your stay in Australia.
- Also, we assure that your interview round goes well, which is yet another growing step to get this visa in Australia.
****How can we assist you? Please feel free to call our number mentioned in the website.