How Can We Help You For Your Tourist Visa Application?
Visitor visa or temporary resident visa is the that most traveller required to visit Canada temporarily. If you can also apply for transit visa, if you are travelling through Canada airport. Tourist visa allow you to Canada for up to 6 months. In certain circumstances, you can allow for longer stay period.
Visitor visa can be applied online or on paper.
Who is eligible to enter Canada as a Visitor?
- Valid passport
- No criminal or fraud convictions
- Must have enough money for travel and stay in Australia
- Strong ties to demonstrate that you will return such as job, land assets or family members in home country
- Have sound health
- Not intend to work or study unless authoirsed to do so.
What documents are required for Canada tourist visa?
- Passport size photograph
- Passport (front and last page) and pages with entry/exit stamps
- Leave letter from work
- Bank statements
- Income tax documents
- Pay slips
- If you run a business:
- Business bank statement
- Tax returns
- Business visiting cards or other evidences to prove that it is a running business.
- Any relevant information proving your income or assets
- Travel History/ visa copies
- Invitation Letter
- Statement: Purpose of Travel
- Sponsor relationship and financial documents
- Application forms (download links are given below)
What is the fee for Canadian visitor visa?
Visitor visa application fees per person is $CAN 100. For family of 5 or more is $CAN 500. There is no fees for Transit visa.
Biometrics fees (if required) is $CAN 85 per person. For family of 2 or more, who are applying at the same time is $CAN 170.
How to apply for tourist visa?
You can apply for a visitor visa online or on paper.
You may also need to give your biometrics. Mostly, you need to give biometrics after you lodge the application. You will be notified when you submit the application, if you require to give biometrics.
How to lodge tourist visa application for family members?
Family members must complete their own forms. However, the application can be submitted and paid together in the online portal or Visa application centre. The spouse or common law partner and children must meet all the requirements individually to be eligible for grant.
How long can a person stay in Canada on a visitor’s visa?
In most cases, you can stay for up to 6 months on each visit (for multiple entry visas). The border officer at the port of entry may allow you to stay for more than 6 months. They may give you visitor record which specifies your leaving date. Mostly visitor visas are valid for 10 years or 1 month before expiry of your visa, whichever comes first.
Can tourist visa be converted to employment visa in Canada?
If you are on a visitor visa in Canada, then you may not be able to apply for work permit. If you want to apply for work permit, then you should contact the Canada visa office of the country where you live or from your citizenship country.
Can tourist visa be converted to study visa in Canada?
You can study English for a maximum of 6 months with a Visitor’s Visa. You do not need a Study Permit (student visa) if you are planning to take a course or program in Vancouver, Canada with a duration of six months or less. You will need a Study Permit (student visa) for courses longer than 6 months. It is possible to change your visa status while you are in Canada, but there is no guarantee of success.
Can tourist visa be converted to permanent visa in Canada?
It is not possible to change your visitor visa to permanent visa. The only exceptions are refugee visa and spouse/partner visa. Applying for Canada’s permanent residency is a complicated and lengthy process. However, it is possible to convert study visa and work permit visa to permanent visa.
Application forms for Canada visitor visa application
These forms are required in addition to documents stated above
- Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257) (PDF, 455.78KB)
- Family Information (IMM 5645 or IMM 5707)
- Document Checklist (IMM 5484) (PDF, 319.47KB)
- Document Checklist – Applicants in Canada (IMM 5721) (PDF, 292.23KB), if applicable
- Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409) (PDF, 636.51KB), if applicable
- Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) (PDF, 648.31KB) , if applicable
- Authority to release personal information to a designated individual (IMM 5475) (PDF, 593.57KB) , if applicable