Child Offshore (Sub Class 101) Visa | Child Visa Sub Class 101 Australia | Bansal Immigration

Child Visa (Subclass 101)

Children are a ray of happiness and hope in a parent’s life and no one wants to stay away from their child for no good reason. Understanding the sensitivity of the issue, the Australian government has a child visa and various sub-clauses within which permits a child to visit Australia but certain conditions are applied. Child visa subclass 101 is for a child outside Australia so that he/she can come to Australia to live with the parents.


Following are the mandatory requirements:

  • The child should be sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
  • Single (not married or engaged)
  • The child should be younger than 18 years of age
  • He/she should be a  full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age
  • If the child is 18 or older and is unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent


  • have the written consent of each person who can legally decide where the child lives
  • the laws of the child’s home country permit the removal of the child
  • it should be following any Australian child order.


The cost of child visa subclass 101 is AUD 2,665.


The processing time for the child visa subclass 101 for 75% of the applicants is 8 months whereas for 90% of the applicants is 13 months.


Bansal Immigration Consultants experts will work with you every step of the way and have devised a step-by-step process to ensure your application is processed as fast as possible.

1. Our experts will help you gather and prepare all of the documentation as well as perform any additional checks that are required to lodge a visa application.

2. After having all of the information we need, we will then begin to prepare and lodge your application in a well-timed manner.

 In case you are an onshore applicant, you will be granted a bridging visa until your current visa expires. This will give you the right to stay in Australia until the outcome of your 101/802 visa is decided.

3. Finally, we will notify you of the outcome.


  • A parent who should be an Australian citizen
  • A person who is a  holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • The spouse or a partner of the child’s parent can also sponsor the child
  • A step-parent
  • An adoptive parent


  • Measures for the protection of the child have been framed by the Australian immigration system. It incorporates things that are assessed to grant this visa since this visa will not usually be granted if it is against the best interests of a child younger than 18 years of age.
  • The Australian immigration authorities might also ask for an assurance of support for the child so that welfare costs for some migrants are not borne by the Australian community.
  • The child must meet certain health requirements and the results for the same should be valid for 12 months.
  • A child older than 16 years of age must meet certain character requirements.
  • The child must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or he/she should have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.
  • The child might be asked to provide biometrics as part of their application process.


  • Travel to and stay in Australia for an indefinite period
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Register in Medicare i.e. Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
  • Fund eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date this visa is granted


  • BANSAL Immigration consultants offer much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
  • We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
  • We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for the same.