Sometimes, living abroad without your entire family can be quite an intricate task and loneliness can take over you especially if you try to live without your kids. Children born in Australia automatically receive Australian citizenship when at least one parent is either an Australian citizen or holds an Australian PR. Though, children born outside Australia have criteria to follow. They must: get a permanent visa or apply for Australian citizenship if either parent is an Australian citizen.
The child visa in Australia is segregated into 4 subclasses:
- Child Visa Australia Subclass 101- Through this visa, the child can come to Australia and live with its parents. The parents can also apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.
- Child Visa Australia Subclass 102- Called as adoption visa Subclass 102. With this visa, a child can come to Australia and stay with the adoptive parents. The parents can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.
- Child Visa Australia Subclass 445- Also known as the dependent child visa, this is a temporary visa, which is granted to a child so that he/she may travel to and from Australia until the eligible parent’s permanent Partner visa is finalized.
- Child Visa Australia Subclass 802- This visa is granted to the eligible parents’ child who is in Australia to continue staying in Australia. The eligible parents can sponsor the child for as long as they want.
ELIGIBILITY FOR CHILD VISA IN AUSTRALIA
- The child’s relationship with the sponsor must fall in either one of the two following categories:
- The child should be an adopted or biological child of the eligible parent.
- An under-18 stepchild of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.
- Children younger than 18 years of age:
- Cannot have a spouse
- Cannot be engaged to be married.
- Children between 18 and 25 years of age:
- Should never have had and not now have a spouse
- Should not be engaged to be married.
- Should not be in full-time work.
- Should be a full-time student.
- Parental responsibility:
This visa can be granted only if a person shows one of the following for a child younger than 18 years of age:
- you have the written consent of each person who can lawfully decide where the child lives
- The laws of the child’s home country permit the removal of the child
- It is consistent with any Australian child order.
- Best interests of the child:
Child visas in Australia will not usually be granted if it is against the best interests of a child younger than 18 years of age.
- Assurance of support:
The Australian government might ask for an assurance of support for the child for various reasons.
- The child should meet the basic health requirements:
- A child older than 16 years of age must meet certain character requirements where he/she must show a police certificate from each country they have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after they turned 16 years of age.
- The child must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or he/she should have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.
PROCESSING TIME FOR CHILD VISA IN AUSTRALIA-
The processing time for 75% of the applicants might take more than 10 months.
For 90% of the applicants, the processing time would take more than 17 months.
|Name of Visa||Processing time|
|Child visa subclass 101||75% of the applicants is 8 months 90% of the applicants is 13 months.|
|Child adoption visa 102||Not available|
|Remaining relative visa 115||Not available|
|Orphan relative visa 117||Not available|
|Dependent child visa 445||75% of applications is 13 months 90% of applications is 15 months.|
|Child Visa subclass 802||75% of the applicants is 12 months 90% of the applicants are 13 months.|
|Remaining relative visa 835||Not available|
|Orphan relative subclass 837||Not available|
COST FOR CHILD VISA IN AUSTRALIA- The cost of the Australian Child visa, might vary depending upon the subclass ranging from AUD 1,630- AUD 2,665.
|Name of Visa||Cost|
|Child visa subclass 101||Starts from AUD 2,665|
|Child adoption visa 102||Starts from AUD 2,665.|
|Remaining relative visa 115||Starts from AUD 6,415|
|Orphan relative visa 117||Starts from AUD 1,630.|
|Dependent child visa 445||Starts from AUD2,665.|
|Child Visa subclass 802||Starts from AUD 2,665|
|Remaining relative visa 835||Starts from AUD 6,415|
|Orphan relative subclass 837||Starts from AUD1,630|
BENEFITS OF A CHILD VISA IN AUSTRALIA:
With Child Visa in Australia, the child can get the following benefits:
- Use free will to travel to and from Australia indefinitely.
- Earn the right to study in Australia.
- Apply for Australian citizenship when he/she is eligible.
- Sponsor for eligible relatives to Australia for permanent residence.
HOW CAN WE HELP-
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants offers much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
- We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for the same.