Dependent Child visa (subclass 445)
A temporary visa, Dependent Child visa (subclass 445) is for a child whose parent holds a temporary partner visa that does not include the child. If this visa is granted, the child also needs to make a permanent partner visa application before the parent’s permanent partner visa is decided. If an applicant gets this child visa subclass 445, it allows the child to travel to and from or stay in Australia. The successful candidate under this visa procedure will be entitled to live in Australia until the Department of Home Affairs decides on the parent’s permanent partner visa application.
This visa can be granted only if you can show one of the following for a child younger than 18 years of age:
- you have the written consent of each person who lawfully decides where the child lives
- the laws of the child’s home country permit the removal of the child
- it is in accordance with any child order in Australia.
For a child to be eligible under 445 dependent child visa Australia, he/she must-
- have a parent who has a suitable visa and is dependent on them
- sponsored by the person who is funded or nominated for their parent’s permanent partner application.
- sponsorship must be accepted before the visa application is lodged
- be under or over the 18 years and financially dependent on the parent who has the temporary Partner or Dependent Child visa.
- must meet Australian health and character requirements
- are sponsored by the same person who is sponsoring the child’s parent.
- be single, they must not be married, or in a relationship or engaged to be married.
- meet the basic health requirements.
- be of good character to enter or remain in Australia.
The sponsor of the child must –
The sponsor must:
- also, sponsor the child’s visa-holding parent
- be prepared to sponsor the child and any of the child’s family members also included in the application and who might be migrating with the child
- provide support for the child, including ensuring the provision of accommodation and providing financial assistance required to meet the child’s reasonable living needs during their first two years in Australia (if the child is applying overseas)
The cost of the dependent child visa 445 starts from AUD2,665.
The child visa subclass 445 processing time for 75% of applications is 13 months and for 90% of applications is 15 months.
If you are wondering how to apply for a dependent child visa in Australia, the following is the process-
- Application Forms- BANSAL Immigration Consultants will analyze your application and provide extensive checklists consisting of instructions to help you successfully complete the forms required.
- Application For Permanent Visa – When the visa is granted, the child must lodge a separate application for the same permanent visa as their parent but this should be done before a decision is made on the parent’s permanent visa application.
- How To Lodge Your Application- The application must be lodged in Australia and the child should be in Australia when the visa is granted but if the child is outside Australia when their application is lodged, the application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the Visa is granted.
- Our migrant experts will notify you of the outcome of your application.
HOW CAN WE HELP-
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants offers much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
- We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step to get a visa for the same.