“Visas for Innovation” is the term being used by Australian Immigration Authorities to attract the best and brightest minds to Australia by offering them the permanent residency in shortest duration if successful. “Visas for Innovation” is divided into three categories
- Global Talent Independent program
- Global Talent Employer Sponsored program
- Supporting Innovation in South Australia pilot
Global Talent Independent Program
Launched on 04 November 2019, Global Talent Independent Program Shortly known as GTI offers highly skilled and talented individuals a priority processing in securing a permanent residency. This program aims to bring Talented personnel to get settled in Australia and offer their services.
This program is targeted to seven sectors namely
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Cyber Security
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
Requirement for Global Talent Independent Program (GTI)
- Demonstrate the ability to earn salary at or above the Fair Work high income threshold i.e. AUD153,600 (subjected to change every year)
- Department considers current salary evidenced through payslips or a contract, or
- future job offers outlining remuneration, or
- recent PhD or Masters graduates in the target sectors.
How to apply for Global Talent Independent Program
- Apply for Expression of Interest via Global Talent Contact form. Once EOI is approved, a Unique identifier is generated.
- With this unique Identifier, you can apply for Subclass 124 Distinguished Talent visa if you are outside Australia or Subclass 858 Distinguished Talent visa if you are in Australia.