Job ready program
Job ready program is run by Trade recognition Australia also known as TRA
- Job ready program helps check the capabilities and skill of an international student in an Australian workspace.
- It is a skill assessment program for those international students who have completed their degree and want to work or do job in Australia.
- helps one in applying for permanent skilled visas.
- helps one to gain experience in working a real Australian workplace related to his or her occupation.
- It’s a four-step program
- To be eligible for the Job Ready Program, you must have:
- Completed a Trade qualification in Australia
- Studied a course that has an occupation listed on the Medium to Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- Completed 360 hours of practical work or vocational placement in Australia relevant to your occupation
- Trade Recognition Australia (TRA) as a skilled assessor of your occupation
- Eligibility to apply for Temporary Graduate Visa-Subclass 485
Get started with job ready program
Keep in mind:
- Make sure that whether the job ready program outcome is suitable for the visa subclass applicant is should apply for or not.
- If one is applying for a temporary skill shortage visa subclass 482 then he or she must check whether their occupation lies in the relevant occupational list or not.
If the above-mentioned things are cleared out, then create an account on TRA online portal.
One has to apply and pay for every step of the program through this account.
Four steps of the job ready program
Step 1: Provisional Skill Assessment
- The very first thing that an applicant will need to do is to pass a provisional skill assessment
- It is carried out to check the genuineness of your qualification and employment in Australian institutions
- This skills assessment confirms that you studied in Australia and graded with a trade qualification, that you have an IELTS score of at least 6 in all aspects of English
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR PSA
- Get registered online by creating an account on job-ready program website
- Pay the Provisional Skill Assessment fee
- Submit your application and print your assessment summary
- Email your assessment summary and all the documents
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PSA
- To study in Australia as an international student, the applicant must have a study visa
- Should be qualified in a relevant occupation verified by CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students) training organization
- Must have completed 360 hours of employment at a minimum in Australia in the related occupation relevant to applicant’s qualification. Once an applicant receives a successful skills assessment, they can use this to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa and begin step 2 of the Job Ready Program.
Step 2: Apply for Temporary Graduate Visa and Job Ready Employment
- To get the full working rights in Australia apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa-Subclass 485
- JRE helps to sharpen one’s skills by actually working experience in an Australian work environment.
- The applicant has to complete at minimum 1725 hours of paid employment within a year in a work environment approved by Trade Recognition Australia (TRA)
- Participants must be in current employment when TRA receives the registration documents for employment to be considered for JRE.
PROCESS FOR JRE
- Get registered at the website
- Submit the details of the employer
- Print the JRE summary and email with all the relevant documents
- Applicant must have positive PSA result
- One must already have a visa with full work rights or have applied for a temporary graduate visa with the validity of at least 12 months
- Eligible employment in the TRA relevant occupation
Step 3: Job ready workplace assessment
- JRWA, the assessing authorities will test whether your working capabilities are satisfying the needs of the required skill in the workplace or not.
- This assessment is done at your workspace by assessor allowed by TRA.
- If you have completed at least “863 hours” of paid employment over 6 months, an assessor will assess your skill level within the presence of your supervisor
- This assessment will test if you are performing all your duties listed in your job description and how are you performing them.
- If an applicant does not prove to the Assessor that they can work at the required skill level, they can continue to work for the employer and complete another workplace assessment at a later date.
PROCESS FOR JRWA
- Receive confirmation of JRWA eligibility from TRA
- Sign in and submit all the information
- Pay the fee
- Print the JRWA summary and get it signed by your employer
- Email the summary with all the required documents.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JRWA
- The applicant must be working in a TRA approved workspace
- Evidence should be provided proving that the applicant is working on a paid employment for 863 hours, at least in the course 6 months from the start date of the JRE program.
Step 4: Job Ready Final Assessment
- In this step, relevant assessing authority will conduct full skill assessment of your nominated occupation.
- After the above 3 steps you are eligible to apply for JRFA job-ready final assessment.
- This is the final assessment of job ready program and with the positive outcome of this final assessment, you will be provided with the result of job ready program.
- This result can be helpful in your General Skilled Migration visa application and others as well.
PROCESS FOR JRFA
- Sign in and complete application of JRFA
- Pay the fee
- Submit the details (proof of employment such as pay slips, group certificates, statements of employment, and bank statements showing wages entering the account.)and print the summary
- Email the summary with the required documents.
ELIGIBILITY OF JRFA
- The applicant must have completed step 1, 2 and 3 successfully
- Should have provided the evidence that he or she has completed at least 1725 paid employment hours in a TRA approved workspace in a course of 12 months.
Job Ready program provides you with the opportunity to get permanent residency in Australia.
If you score low points on points score table, you can still get permanent residency based on your trade qualification and Job ready program.
After your full skill assessment, you can apply for Permanent Residency visas like General Skilled Migration Visa or Employer-Sponsored Visa on the basis of Job Ready Program
Fees for the Job Ready Program
- Provisional Skills Assessment–$300
- Employment Verification–$500
- Workplace Assessment–$2000
- Final Assessment–$150
****How can we assist you? Please call our number mentioned on the website.