Request to Defer Your Studies
Are you the one who received an offer of completing your studies from an Australian Institute, yet right now, you are not ready to dive into study. Then, this Bansal Immigration’s guide is for you on how to Defer your course.
Depending on your course, you may have the option to defer your offer for up to one year. This means that the university will hold a place for you to enroll in your course the following semester or year. Deferment is open to most of the students including coursework or research, domestic or international students. International students on a student visa can only defer subject in accordance with the conditions outlined in the National Code.
WHY DO STUDENTS CONSIDER DEFERING OF STUDIES-
There might be various reasons as to why students would request to defer studies in Australia. The following are some common ones:
- Taking time off to travel, work, or volunteer abroad can be a reason to defer your studies. This will allow you to think about where you want to go in life.
- Taking a gap year to explore other cultures can make a big difference in your personal development and future employment prospects.
- To boost your grades you might want to consider taking a break. A study by the Sydney School of Education and Social Work in 2013 showed that students who took a gap for a year achieved higher marks at university than students who entered straight after school.
- To earn some cash students consider a request to defer studies so that they can build up a savings account is a great way to ensure financial stress won’t impact your studies once you get here.
Some education providers may ask for a deferral fee which might be ranging from AUD 100-AUD 200, which might be refundable or non-refundable.
You can request a deferral through Bansal Immigration Consultants during the process of accepting your offer.
You will receive the outcome of your request through an email. We will notify you in the following situations:
- if your deferral application is accepted and approved, a new offer will be issued
- if your application to defer is rejected. In this case, you can still accept your offer by following the instructions provided with your outcome response
- if you wish to delay the start of your course for longer than a year, you will need to reapply to the university in which you got the admission previously.
- If you’re an international student who has already accepted the offer and also you have paid your tuition fees, you can still apply to defer if you have not applied for your student visa. If your application to defer is approved, the education provider might do not hold your place in the institution – but they would give you an offer for the following semester or year. A new electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) will be issued when you accept the second offer
HOW CAN WE HELP-
- BANSAL Immigration consultants offer much-needed assistance as to how to convince them about your true intention to study in Australia.
- We do everything to present you as a genuine applicant so that you can be trusted that you will adhere to all the rules while in Australia.
- We also make sure that your interview round goes well which is yet another successful step for the same.