If you marry an Australian countryman , permanent resident or eligible (NZ ) New-Zealand citizen, or have been in a defacto relationship (common law) with one for at least one year, you obtain a spouse-visa for Australia Can be eligible for migration. Your spouse can sponsor you for a period of 24 months . Subsequently, if the relationship is still genuine and continues, you may be eligible for (PR) permanent-residence.
Requirement for a spouse visa :
You must fulfill the following requirements: In order to be eligible for a spouse visa to Australia.
- You and your wife have a commitment to a shared life as husband and wife, whether or not you are legally in relationship , to the exclusion of all others.
- Your relationship is original and stable .
- You and your husband do not live together, or separate and separate on a enduring basis.
- Unless you are legally in relationship, you must have been in a husband-wife relationship for the past one year, which usually includes showing that you have been together during this period.
- Generally, both need to be of 18 or 18+.
- You must pass health & character criteria.