Student Visa Migration Agent | Student Visa Agent Melbourne | Apply Student Visa
Student Visa

This visa is for people to come and study in Australia. With this visa, they can come and study their desired course. A student visa will enable to you study your proposed course. You can also travel in and out of Australia. You can work for up to 40 hours during your studies.

Length of student visa depends upon the course. It is a temporary visa and can granted for up to 5 years. Young children enrolled in Year 1- 4 can granted only 2-year visa. If your study is longer and then you must apply for the student visa extension. It is a substantive visa and you can apply for any other visa during you held the student visa.

With a student visa, you can include your partner and children as well. They can include at the time of application or after the grant of student visa. Children can only include if they are under 18. The student should inform the department of their spouse and children at the earliest. If they are not disclosed earlier, the department can refuse their application later.

Australian Student visa fees

TU500 Student ELICOS Sector 620.00
Additional Applicant Charge 18+ 460.00
Additional Applicant Charge U18 150.00
Subsequent Temporary Application Charge 700.00
Student Visa Eligibility Criteria

The applicant must fulfil given requirements prior to the lodgement of the application.

  • Applicant must be at least 6 years old to apply for this visa.
  • You must enrol in a full-time registered course at the time of application. You must supply Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) with the student visa application. Otherwise your student visa application will not be valid.
  • Student must provide all CoE details at the time of application. It will ensure that you have enough student visa to complete your course.
  • The gap between two package courses should not exceed 2 months. The only exception is if it is the end of the current year and next course starts next year.
  • If you are a minor (under 18 years old), then you must have adequate welfare arrangements in place. You can contact Bansal Immigration for more information about the welfare arrangements.
  • You must have enough English language knowledge. Department may ask you to provide evidence. It will depend upon the country of passport and education provider. if the department asks, the student can provide the following test results. Minimum English scores are
English language test providers Minimum score Minimum score and at least 10 weeks English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) Minimum score and at least 20 weeks ELICOS
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 5.5 5.0 4.5
TOEFL internet-based test 46 35 32
Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English) 162 154 147
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 42 36 30
Occupational English Test B for each test component N/A N/A

*test must be less than 2 year old.

  • You may be exempt from English test, if any of the following applies:
    1. if you are passport holder of any English speaking country such as UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
    2. You are Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored or exchange student.
    3. Only studying English or ELICOS in Australia.
    4. You have studied for 5 years in any English speaking country. English speaking countries are UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland.
    5. If you have completed your Year 12 or substantial part of Certificate IV or higher in Australia. Substantial has not been defined in legislation. It is generally accepted that 50% completed course will meet the requirement.
  • Overseas student health cover (OSHC). You and your family members, who are in Australia, must have health insurance. Health insurance should be OSHC by approved provider. It should cover your whole visa. You must provide heath insurance details with the visa application. Case officer can refuse your application, if you do not provide OSHC details.
  • You must meet the financial capacity criteria. You must have enough money to cover your studies and cost of living. Department tells about the benchmark of the cost of living. We should use this amount while calculating financial requirements. Department provide this amount every year.
  • Besides to above requirements, you must meet the following criteria:
    1. Genuine temporary entrant criteria
    2. Health requirement
    3. Character requirements
How can we help?
  1. BANSAL Immigration, we represent most of Australian Universities and colleges. We can guide you to choose the best course from the suitable education provider. We will make the admission process simple and do all the hard work for you.
  2. We can also arrange the OSHC cover for you as well. We can provide competitive price. We make sure that you get most coverage. OSHC should cover public hospitals, GPs and medicines costs. Bansal Immigration represent the major OSHC providers, BUPA, Allianz, ahm, nib and medibank.
  3. Meeting student visa financial requirements. Most student visa holders rely on bank loans to fund their studies. But, obtaining a loan could be tedious process. At Bansal immigration, we can simplify the process for you. With change in rules, now any one can fund your studies and the funds does not need to be 3 months old as well. Also, any of your relatives, friends, brother sister can provide financial support.