A journey for 10,000 miles starts with one single step.
If you have chosen Australia as your educational destination for your preferred course, then your first step is laid in your remarkable journey.
Often students from India choose to pursue their studies in the USA, CANADA, or UK, but pursuing studies in Australia has its own perks and benefits. Did you know that 5 out of the top 100 universities in the world are in Australia? So, why wait? Let us help you guide through the entire process by being with you in every step.
Our qualified Education consultant can help guide you in getting an admission suiting your needs. Securing admission in Australian Institutes is a competitive process. But we are here and do not worry.
A student visa is also known as Subclass 500 visa. It is the visa issued for international students allowing them to pursue their studies in Australia. It is often grated up to 5 years depending on the length of the course. Being a Temporary visa, if you are unable to complete your course in your visa tenure, you can always apply for a student visa extension. Once you complete your studies, you will be eligible for a lodging Temporary Graduate visa (Subclass 485 Visa) and other visas.
Student visa eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be at least 6 years old at the time of applying for this visa.
- You must enroll in a
full-time registered course and provide Confirmation of enrolment (CoE) at the
time of application.
- The gap between the two package courses should not exceed 2 months. The only exception is if it is the end of the current year and the next course starts next year.
- If you are a minor (under 18 years old), then you must have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
- You must meet the English Language requirements. Department may ask you to provide evidence. You may be exempted if any of the following applies:
- if you are a passport holder of any English speaking country such as the UK, USA, Canada, NZ, or the Republic of Ireland.
- You are Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored or exchange student.
- Only studying English or ELICOS in Australia.
- You have studied for 5 years in any English-speaking country. English speaking countries are the UK, USA, Canada, NZ, or the Republic of Ireland.
- If you have completed your Year 12 or a substantial part of Certificate IV or higher in Australia. Substantial has not been defined in legislation. It is generally accepted that 50% completed the course will meet the requirement.
- You must hold and provide a valid Overseas student health cover (OSHC) for your entire visa tenure. If your family members are also included in the application, then they must hold the visa as well.
- You must meet the financial requirements. You must demonstrate the sufficient access of funds for one year. Use of Student visa financial calculator.
- You must meet the Genuine temporary entrant criteria. Our qualified Team can assist you in writing the statement.
- You need to meet health requirements. You need to undertake the visa medical examinations in the last 12 months prior to the lodgement of visa application.
- You must meet the character requirements
English language Requirements:
|English language test providers||Minimum score||Minimum score and at least 10 weeks English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)||Minimum score and at least 20 weeks ELICOS|
|International English Language Testing System (IELTS)||5.5||5||4.5|
|TOEFL internet-based test||46||35||32|
|Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)||162||154||147|
|Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)||42||36||30|
|Occupational English Test||B for each test component||N/A||N/A|
*test must be undertaken in the last 24 months prior to the date of visa application
Once the application is submitted and all the documents are uploaded, it takes around 3-5 months. (Time period may vary)
Applicant can always include their family members who wishes to accompany them while they study in Australia.
|TU500 Student ELICOS Sector||620.00|
|Additional Applicant Charge 18+||460.00|
|Additional Applicant Charge U18||150.00|
*Additional cost includes overseas student health cover, biometrics and health checks. In some cases, you can be also asked to provide police checks to prove your character.
If you want to include your dependents in your application, visit Student subsequent entrant visa for more information.
Student visa conditions:
8105 – Work limitation
This condition means that you must not engage in any work before your course of study
commences. You are also not permitted to work more than 40 hours per fortnight when you
are in Australia when your course of study is in session.
Note the 40 hour requirement does not apply if you are engaged in work that was
specified as a requirement of the course when the course particulars were entered into the
Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students and the student
visa was granted for a masters degree by research or doctoral degree
8202 – Meet course requirements
This condition means that you must be enrolled in a full-time course and satisfy the course
requirements of your enrolment including the course level, course progress and course
attendance. Unless you are a Defence, Foreign Affairs or secondary exchange student, the course you are undertaking must be a registered course with the Commonwealth Register of
Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
The course you are undertaking must give you a qualification from the Australian
Qualifications Framework that is at the same level or higher level than the course mentioned
in your grant letter.
8501 – Maintain health insurance
This condition means that you must maintain adequate arrangements for health insurance
(generally Overseas Student Health Cover) while you are in Australia. You must not enter
Australia before your Overseas Student Health Cover has begun. You are not permitted
to remain in Australia after your Overseas Student Health Cover has expired. If you are a
student from Norway, Belgium or Sweden you may not need to maintain Overseas Student
More information: immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/student-500/
8516 – Must maintain eligibility
This condition means that you must continue to maintain your eligibility as a person who
would satisfy the criteria for the grant of your visa.
8517 – Maintain education for dependants
This condition means that you must ensure that adequate schooling arrangements are
maintained for your school age dependants who will be in Australia for more than three
months on the visa.
8532 – Under 18 approve welfare
This condition means that you must maintain adequate accommodation, support and general
welfare arrangements. You are not permitted to change those arrangements without the
approval of your education provider. This should be in writing. You are not allowed to enter
Australia before the date specified by your education provider.
8533 – Inform provider of address
This condition means that you must notify your education provider within seven days after
arriving in Australia of your residential address (if you were outside of Australia at time of
grant). In all cases, you are also required to notify them of any change to your residential
address in Australia within seven days after the change.
If you intend to change education provider you are required to notify your former education
provider within seven days after receiving an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) or
other evidence of enrolment.
As Mentioned, we will be with you in every step of the process.
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants represent most of Australian Universities and colleges. Our qualified Education Consultant can guide you to choose the best course from top institutes. We make the admission process simple and do all the hard work for you.
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants represent multiple OSHC providers like BUPA, Allianz, AHM, NIB and Medibank. We can arrange the health insurance for you at competitive price where you will get most coverage.
- BANSAL Immigration Consultants qualified team will help assist you in writing a statement meeting the Genuine temporary entrant criteria. We specialie in assisting our clients making sure that entire criteria is met.
- Meeting student visa financial requirements. Most student visa holders rely on bank loans to fund their studies. But, obtaining a loan could be tedious process. At Bansal immigration, we can simplify the process for you. With change in rules, now any one can fund your studies and the funds does not need to be 3 months old as well. Also, any of your family, relatives or friends, can provide financial support.